At Sikunye, we are passionate about seeing all children across South Africa reach their full potential. And what better time to do that than the First Thousand Days of life (from conception to 2 years old)! This is a period when a young brain is developing at a never-to-be-repeated rate. In fact, during this time, the neurons in the brain are connecting at a million times a second! Through everyday actions, caregivers of young children help the brain develop – setting them up for future learning.
You don’t need expensive toys or fancy gadgets to build brains. You don’t have to be a teacher or a psychologist. With some awareness, some ideas and some attention, you can give your child the right kind of stimulation to spark profound learning – with a lifelong impact!
What about you?
We want to spread the word on this serious (and fun) part of caregiving. This is where the #everydayplay campaign comes in: people across the nation sharing how they are building brains through play. We want people to talk about and show what brain-building looks like in their household.
How to join #everydayplay
Follow Sikunye on social media
Take a photo or a video of your #everydayplay moment (this should feature you and your child that is in the First Thousand Days)
Share this photo or video to social media, tagging Sikunye and using the hashtag #everydayplay.
For every entry you’ll be put into a lucky draw and one winner will get a R3000 voucher for Babies R Us!
So join us in spreading the word of how everyday actions can help children reach their full potential!
Terms and Conditions
- This campaign runs from 4 February 2022 to 28 February 2022.
- All eligible entries are entered into a lucky draw to determine the winner
- An entry is eligible if the following criteria are met:
a. A photo or video is posted demonstrating play / early learning with a child that is under two. This can be to feed or stories.
b. In the post, Sikunye is mentioned (@sikunye.sa on Facebook, @sikunye_sa on Instagram or @sikunye on Twitter)
c. The entrant is following Sikunye on either Instagram, Facebook or Twitter – whichever channel they’ve used for the post.
d. The hashtag #everydayplay is used.
e. The caregiver is a resident of South Africa.
f. The photo or video is your own, and you have permission to post it.
- You don’t have to feature the child’s face, but a moment of play must be clearly portrayed.
- There is no entry fee, or purchase required to enter this competition.
- By entering, an entrant is bound by these T’s & C’s and indicates their agreement.
- You may enter multiple times during this period, as long as the photo or video is different each time, and the above criteria
- No team member of Common Good or Sikunye, or their immediate family are eligible to win the lucky draw.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become the copyright of Sikunye and we may post your video / picture on our social media channels.
- This competition is not endorsed, sponsored or administered by Facebook or any other social network.
- This competition is not sponsored or endorsed by Babies R Us.
- The winner will be notified by DM on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter within 48 hours of the competition closure. If the winner cannot be contacted and no response is received within 14 days, a new winner will be drawn.
- The prize is a voucher to the value of R3000 from Babies R Us. No cash or alternatives will be offered.
- This will be emailed to the winner of the lucky draw within 24 hours of the draw taking place. If the winner is not within range of a Babies R Us store, the winner will be required to fill the online cart on www.babiesrus.co.za and Sikunye will contribute R3000 towards that purchase.
- You are providing your social media handle information to Sikunye and not to any other party. The information provided will be used to draw a winner in accordance with the competition.